- A robust trading result before investment income, up 7,5%
- Bidvest South Africa recorded commendable increases in trading profits despite challenging economic conditions
- Basic earnings per share up 39,6% to 587,4 cents
- Headline earnings increased by 5,6% to R1,7 billion HEPS increased by 4,4% to 510,3 cents
- Strong balance sheet maintained and solid operating cash generation, up 30,1%
- Interim dividend declared of 227 cents per share
Bidvest is a leading trading, distribution and services group, operating through seven divisions: Services, Freight, Automotive, Office and Print, Commercial Products, Financial Services and Electrical. The Group owns 52% of Bidvest Namibia and a significant Bidvest occupied property portfolio. Bidvest continues to hold investments in Adcock Ingram (38,4%), Comair (27,2%), Cullinan Holdings (19,5%) and Mumbai Airport (6,75%), as well as other listed and unlisted investments.